Do you like to relax actively? See what Augustów has to offer. The woods of Augustów Primeval Forests and numerous rivers and lakes are waiting just for you!
Augustów – the capital of watersports and kayaking. kayaking, recognized as a health and relaxation resort. It lies on the Netta River and Augustów Canal surrounded by woods of Augustów Primeval Forest and six beautiful lakes. Here lies “the Green Lungs of Poland” – Wigry and Biebrza National Park, and Suwałki Landscape Park. You will definitely enjoy the endless possibilities of this magnificent place, clean air perfumed with essential oils and the power of attractions.
Comfortable rooms in the Villa Skomanda’s main hotel building or in the bungalow or SZOT campsite.
HB – breakfast, dinner.
The price includes:
- 2 x night’s accommodation – according to the chosen option
- 2 x rich and delicious buffet breakfasts
- 2 x tasty dinners; children under the age of 12 – ½ serving size
- participation in a one-day individual kayaking trip
- participation in an individual bicycle trip
- accident insurance (AXA; 20000 PLN)
- Guarantee Fund contribution of 0 PLN
419 PLN 381 PLN / person in a twin room /in the main hotel building or bungalow/
319 PLN 290 PLN / 3rd person in a room
619 PLN 569 PLN / person in a single room
289 PLN 263 PLN / children under the age of 12 (sharing a room with parents) – ½ serving size
219 PLN 199 PLN / person at SZOT campsite
189 PLN 172 PLN/ children under the age of 12 at SZOT campsite – ½ serving size
BUY VOUCHER and pay less!
Buy Voucher till 31.05.2020 at an attractive discounted price and use it until the end of September.
Arrival at Villa Skomanda, check-in time from 3 PM.
7.30 – 10.00 AM Breakfast
A short briefing (organizational and safety issues; kayaking instructions). Transportation to the kayaking starting point.
Activities to choose from: 1-day individual kayaking trip /no guide/:
1. Czarna Hańcza River and Augustów Canal: Dworczysko – Mikaszówka /12 km
11:00 AM – transportation to the starting place; the planned return: 5:30 PM
One of the most appealing and best known kayaking routes in Poland. The river is relatively wide, and it has a mild current that makes it easier to kayak. It meanders calmly along grasslands and woods of Augustów Primeval Forest. Its relaxing atmosphere is driven by the river’s gentle bends, curves, and fallen trees that are easy to pass. In general, the route is not difficult, suitable for beginners and families with children. The last two kilometers we kayak through the Augustów Canal regulated by historic, manually operated locks (must-see!). In Mikaszówka there is an old wooden church built in the traditional architectural style, a perfect match for the wilderness of old-growth forests. Duration: approx. 5 hours (with several stops in the meantime).
2. Rospuda River: Małe Raczki – Święte Miejsce /15 km
9:30 AM – transportation to the starting place; the planned return: 4:00 PM.
Along the river there are sections with sharp curves, fallen trees and large boulders, but there are also calmer ones, where the river is mild and free of obstacles. In summertime the route is relatively easy. Surrounded by beautiful, picturesque scenery! On the route there are two unique spots to visit: the ruins of Pac Palace in Dowspuda, and Święte Miejsce nature reserve – cultural and religious site.
Transportation from the ending point back to Villa Skomanda. Dinner.
7.30 – 10.00 AM Breakfast; check-out till 11 AM.
Individual bicycle trip.
Recommended route: „Around Sajno Lake” /25 km
The route partly leads along the asphalt path of the GREEN VELO trail. Then, picturesque paths surrounded by centuries-old forests of Augustów Primeval Forest, the second largest forest area in our country, as well as on the lakesides. Closeness to nature, beautiful landscapes, richness of forest undergrowth and the opportunity to meet rare species of animals or birds. Easy route, places for stops.
Starting and ending point at Villa Skomanda.
Possible extension of the stay (or earlier arrival) with an attractive discount of 10% on accommodation.
- Local fee (cash only) – 2 PLN/person/day
- Two lock fees on Augustów Canal – approx. 4,30 PLN/kayak/lock.
- Only CAMPSITE option – warm shower at SZOT Base – 5 PLN/shower
- Renting a single SZOT kayak; kayaking in a double kayak individually – 10 PLN/trip
- Renting a single CAROLINA kayak – 20 PLN/trip,
- Renting a 2-person igloo tent – 70 PLN/3-day stay + deposit of 50 PLN
- Renting a foam mattress – 4 PLN/3-day stay
- Renting a waterproof bag (55l) or barrel (3,5l/10,4l) – 6 PLN/trip + deposit of 50 PLN
- Sauna bathing – 150 PLN/2 hours/group
- Available to purchase in the SZOT office: maps, waterproof mobile phone cases, sun hats and raincoats.
- If you want to spend your free time in an active way, you are more than welcome to join us and become a kayaker! No matter how old or fit you are, our kayakers are of different age and shape. They are families with children or students, couples and those kayaking on their own. Simply everyone who just wishes to spend their free time actively, in fresh air and surrounded by beautiful nature. Anyone who wants to meet new people, looks for an adventure, and who enjoys spending free time with family and friends.
- Check-in time from 3 PM, check-out time till 11 AM. Check-in is possible until 10 PM.
- Extension of stay – 10% discount on accommodation.
- Board – tasty, home-cooked meals in the Villa Skomanda restaurant. On the first day – dinner, on the last day – breakfast.
- Free, fenced parking lot.
- Free Wi-Fi internet in the main building.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Smoking is NOT allowed indoors.
- Equipment: kayaks – safe, comfortable and very stable double SZOT Komfort, life jackets in various sizes. For families with a child or 3 adults, we recommend triple kayaks. Kross tourist bicycles designed for driving on paved surfaces and forest paths, also with child seats. Smaller bicycles for children.
- Attractions on site: playground for children, sheltered barbeque area with a fireplace, badminton rackets; fenced garden area with birch forest.
- We suggest you to take: sun-protection hat, UV-cream, light hiking boots for kayaking, e.g. sandals or flip-flops (when getting on or off the kayak it is necessary to put your foot in the water), sports footwear for a trip, waterproof clothing, a hat (in case of rain or wind), and above all GOOD MOOD!
Attractions in Augustów; distances from Villa Skomanda:
- cruises along picturesque lakes and Augustów Canal – 2 km
- Catamaran Port – 3 km
- Marian Shrine located on the island in Studzieniczna – 11.5 km
- water ski lift on Necko Lake – 3.6 km / car – 3 km / walk
- ride on the Narrow Gauge Railway in Wigry – 26 km
- tennis courts – 3.5 km
- municipal Aquapark (swimming pools, slide, jacuzzi, sauna) – 1.2 km
- bowling club – 0.9 km
– is situated in a picturesque part of Augustów city, close to Augustów Primeval Forest and Augustów Canal; 1,8 km from the city center. The complex also includes a restaurant, a conference-room, and SZOT office. In the backyard you will find a spacious garden area with a terrace and a playground for children, wood-burning sauna. On site, it is possible to rent bikes, Nordic walking poles, or take part in an organized kayaking trip. The hotel has a fenced outdoor parking area.